Simon Brauer (born June 22, 1973 in Quito, Ecuador) is a photographer and cinematographer. He is also the author of the first Ecuadorian book on 3D photography, ''Quito Profundo. He contributed to several advertising agencies, magazines, films and books. His career as a cinematographer and photographer veers towards the artistic, where experimentation is fundamental tool, that is the reason behind Neurona Digital, a company he created in conjunction with his wife and fellow photographer Lorena Cordero in 2005. Brauer was among the first to fight for film studies in Ecuador when local films were rare. In 2014 he was presented in Variety as one of Ecuador's most interesting talents (together with the director Diego Araujo and the actor Victor Aráuz)As a cinematographer he has collaborated with renowned Ecuadorian filmmakers such as Sebastián Cordero, Mateo Herrera, Ivan Mora Manazano, Ana Crsitina Brragán and Diego Araujo.
Brauer throughout his career has achieved several awards. From 2007 to date he has been awarded in some of the most important photography competitions worldwide. His work has been exhibited in some prestigious museums and galleries such as the Museum of the Portuguese Communications Foundation in Lisbon - Portugal, La Fabrica Madrid Spain, the Municipal Museum of Art in Puerto Llano - Spain among others.
His publication "Quito Profundo" is the first Ecuadorian book of photography in 3D, so it was constituted as an important reference for the history of photography in Ecuador. The "Quito Profundo" photographs are displayed in a colonial museums such as the Church of the Society of Jesus in Quito Ecuador.
He currently lives in Quito, Ecuador, with his wife Lorena and two daughters Rebeca and Nina.
2015 - PARPADEOS collective exhibition - Memory of Souls (Simón Brauer / Lorena Cordero) PENTASIETE ART STUDIO. Quito, Ecuador.
2015 - Collective exhibition with several Latin American photographers "Social Energy". The Museum of the Portuguese Communications Foundation of Lisbon. Lisaboa - Portugal.
2013 - Collective exhibition with several Latin American photographers "Social Energy". Casa America. Madrid Spain.
2012 - Collective exhibition with several Latin American photographers "Social Energy". University of Murcia. Cartagena - Spain..
2012 - Collective exhibition with several Latin American photographers "Social Energy". Municipal Museum of Art. Puerto Llano - Spain.
2011 - Individual exhibition in 3D "QUITO PROFUNDO". Patricia Meier Gallery. Guayaquil, Ecuador.
2011 - 3D Collective exhibition "QUITO PROFUNDO" and panoramic 3D photography. International Book Fair. Bogota Colombia.
2011 - Collective exhibition "fragments of nature" 3D. international fair of the environment .Guayaquil, Ecuador.
2010 - Permanent exhibition n 3D "QUITO PROFUNDO". Church the Company of Jesus. Quito, Ecuador.
2010 - Individual exhibition in 3D "QUITO PROFUNDO". House of the Sucre National Theater Foundation. Quito, Ecuador.
2009 - Collective exhibition with several Latin American photographers "La Energía Necesaria". LA FABRICA. Madrid Spain.
2009- TIERRA. Individual exhibition GALERIA LAZZARINI. Quito, Ecuador.
2009 - Solo exhibition ALMA KICHWA, documentary photography of the ecuadorian indigenous communities . REPSOL YPF FOUNDATION Quito, Ecuador.
2009- Collective exhibition on billboards. Street Art Festival, Eighth edition. Quito, Ecuador.
2009 - GEO AEREO Individual exhibition of aerial photography of the central mountain range of Ecuador (fragment of the Earth exhibition). Quito, Ecuador.
2009- Collective photographic and pictorial exhibition "MUESTRA SIETE" Quito, Ecuador.
2007 - Collective photographic and pictorial exhibition NEURONA DIGITAL ESTUDIO. Quito, Ecuador.
2005- JUNK LOVE Collective exhibition Simón Brauer / Lorena Cordero). Quito, Ecuador.
2005 - COSTA BY PASS. Individual exhibition. Documentary and aerial photography of the Ecuadorian Coast. Quito, Ecuador.
2003 - OFICIOS Collective exhibition of documentary photography Cuenca - Ecuador.
- Official Selection LOS ANGELES CINEFEST competed for the best cinematography in music video . RELIGAR- MATEO KINGMAN - AYA RECORDS : Dir Ana Cristina Barrgán.
- E MUSIC AWARDS ONE Best cinematography . Music Video RELIGAR -Dir: Ana Cristina Barragán.
- LUX AWARDS 2018 Gold to the best cinematography . FROM CORE TO SUN -Dir: Oliver Garland. LEVECTOR.
- CAMERIMAGE Official selection . ALBA -Ana Cristina Barragan / Simón Brauer.
- COCOA USFQ AWARD . Outstanding student. Distinguished Alumni Award.
- GOLDEN EYE Best cinematography Award "International Festival Of Cameramen. “INSTANTES DE CAMPAÑA” . Simon Brauer / Tomás Astudillo.
-SIL Official Selection (salón internacional de la luz) competed for the best Cinematography “ INSTANTES DE CAMPAÑA”. Simon Brauer / Tomás Astudillo.
- IPA Honorable Mentions (international photography awards) in three categories, . MIRAGES 3D special effects, portrait and fine art.
- SPIDER AWARDS Nomination for best portrait Black and White.
- IGUANA DORADA to the best director of photography for the feature film "A ESTAS ALTURAS DE LA VIDA". First International Film Festival of Guayaquil.
- COLIBRI AWARD for the best cinematography for the documentary RESONANCIA.
- COLIBRI AWARD Nomination for the best director of photography with the film A ESTAS ALTURAS DE LA VIDA. Dir: Alex Cisneros and Manuel Calisto.
- SIL Official Selection (salón internacional de la luz) competed for the best cinematography in the Short film fiction - DREAM: Dir Sebastian Arechavala .
- SIL Official Selection (salón internacional de la luz) competed for the best cinematography in music video . AL FINAL- CYCLE P: Dir Felipe Cordero.
- IPA Mention of Honor (international photography awards) in two categories, QUITO PROFUNDO 3D special effects category and fine art.
- Special mention for the first place of the book "QUITO PROFUNDO" in "The best of the Ecuadorian print" Edition XII.
-IPA Honorable Mention (international photography awards), YANAHURCO RODEO 2008 documentary photography.
- IPA Honorable Mention (international photography awards), GEO AEREO series, aerial photography of Ecuador.s